Friday, June 15, 2007
He said there were four, but the next door neighbor had caught one of them. I said, "They do know that is very illegal and generally a bad idea, don't they?" He said, Yes, but they don't usually listen."
As we stood there watching them, they climbed down the tree and began looking for dogfood in the rocks below.
These pictures aren't great, they're taken with my phone, but I had to have pictures.
They were only about two feet away. I could have reached out and petted one.
Thanks, Bob, for inviting me to see them.
You Have A Type A- Personality
You are one of the most balanced people around
Motivated and focused, you are good at getting what you want
You rule at success, but success doesn't rule you.
When it's playtime, you really know how to kick back
Whether it's hanging out with friends or doing something you love!
You live life to the fullest - encorporating the best of both worlds
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Hipchickmamma tagged me so I have to come up with eight random facts. Hmmm…this is difficult, I’m really pretty boring.
1. I play the hammered dulcimer – used to teach, too. I even made a recording back in 1995. Cassettes (what are those?) are still available. One of my first students eventually went on to take first place in the Southern Regional Hammered Dulcimer competition. She came in second at Nationals. She actually has a professionally produced CD - maybe more since I last saw her.
2. I’m very Archie Bunker about my favorite chair at home.
3. I’m addicted to NPR.
4. Everybody knows I knit – a lot. I think more people at seminary know me as “the woman who knits” than by my name.
5. I used to work for a blind nun. It was NOT a spiritual experience.
6. I quit Girl Scouts in eighth grade because one of the leaders said something about my dad that she knew nothing about (and it had to do with religion!)
7. I used to work at a place called American Bottoms in a city best-known for its strip clubs. American Bottoms is a wastewater treatment plant, not a strip club. I once got into a little trouble for giving directions to the plant using the strip clubs and all-night bar as landmarks. What did I know? They were well-known landmarks.
8. I’ve written a couple of songs, but the muse only seems to visit during times of great stress or really bad bosses, and I just haven’t gotten there in recent years.
Now I’m supposed to tag eight other bloggers. I don’t know if I know eight other bloggers that hipchick hasn’t already tagged. I tag Jeff, Mark, Tim, Vivette, Kathy, Suzy and…I’ll get back to you. It's not like any of these will play, though because most are as bad as me about keeping up posting, and the rest don't read my blog.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
She left two weeks ago. She returns this Saturday. I miss her.
Fortunately, she has email and writes from time to time. I know she is okay. Did I mention that I miss her?
She was fighting a rash last week and wasn't feeling challenged in her studies, so she got some hydrocortisone and asked to be moved up to a higher level class. Both seem to be working.
She went hiking in the rainforest with "her family" on Sunday. She says the mountains are incredible. She's going to another rainforest later this week. She thinks she will beat her postcards home. Unless, of course, she sees more mountains and decides that she needs to stay.
I say, "Another time, Eileen. Come home. You're already signed up for driver's ed."
I think I miss her.