Friday, September 09, 2005

Welcome to my world!

I'm new to this blogging stuff. Been considering it for some time, but didn't get to it until now, and mostly just because I wanted to post a comment on a friend's blog, and had to register to do so.

I tend to stay busy. Someone asked my daughter what her mom does, and she said, "My mom is a full-time student, works four part-time jobs, and still manages to be home two days a week."

I guess that pretty much sums it up! I am a full-time student at Saint Paul School of Theology in Kansas City, MO working on a Master of Divinity to begin a second career in ministry within the United Methodist Church. My first career is/was in civil engineering specializing in water and wastewater. I still work ~20 hours per week as a civil engineer. My other jobs include teaching knitting through community education, helping out one of the professors at the seminary, periodically substitute preaching for friends, and teaching workshops, along with a variety of volunteer activities through my church.

I live with my husband, two kids, two dogs and a cat in a 100+ year-old house on four and a half acres. This is an old picture. The plastic shutters are now gone, and there is more landscaping in the yard, but it should give you an idea. We love working on the house, but recently the time has been hard to find. We did manage to plant some trees last weekend, but it was a holiday! This weekend I really need to get some studying done.

I hope you enjoy my blog, and I'll try to write regularly.
Kim

2 comments:

Tinydancer said...

Kim - I love your house! Vivette

revhipchick said...

so cool to see you here in the blogosphere--especially since i haven't seen you around campus much this semester and i think after reading your post i know why! holy cow woman! what do you take to do all that you do?

i will stop complaining!

gorgeous house! good luck studying this week! only one more left--hurrah!