Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Chance of flurries...

We've had a flurry of activity as of late! Three weeks before Thanksgiving, my dear, dear husband suggested that maybe we should finish some projects before my inlaws came for T-day. Well, it was my busiest time of the semester, but house projects are one of my favorite ways to procrastinate! In the next several weekends, I painted the entire upstairs hallway, yanked up nasty carpet on the upper portion of the staircase and the upstairs hall, cleaned the WHOLE house, and Steve and I painted the living room! I had a paper due Thanksgiving Day (It's okay, it had originally been due two weeks earlier, and the prof extended the deadline) and the Monday after, and suddenly got busy at work, too. Somehow it all got done, and the relatives were well fed.

Then, last week, we got flurries of another sort! Ten inches of snow! The kids had snow days on both Thursday and Friday. It was beautiful and fluffy and VERY COLD! The kids had early dismissal on Wednesday and the dentist cancelled their appointment, so we baked cookies. I'm really not that kind of mom, and that is the first time I ever remember doing that. It was so successful that last night we made peppermint wreath Christmas ornaments.

This week is back to flurries of activity. We got our tree Sunday, but haven't brought it in the house yet. Last night was Scouts for Steve. Tonight, Aaron has an All-City Children's Choir performance, tomorrow Eileen and I have church activities, Thursday night is Aaron's school program, and Friday, I have a sit & knit at the house! And today is my birthday and I have NO IDEA if Steve and I will ever get a chance to go out and celebrate. Oh well, I did get some nice gifts from friends. :)

Here's hoping all will have a blessed holiday season!

Kim

1 comment:

revhipchick said...

Happy Birthday Kim! I bow down to the multitude of abilities and all the hard work you do!

Have a very merry Christmas!