Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Speaking Spanish (parte dos)

My beautiful fifteen-year-old daughter is in Costa Rica right now, attending language school and living with a family there.

She left two weeks ago. She returns this Saturday. I miss her.

Fortunately, she has email and writes from time to time. I know she is okay. Did I mention that I miss her?

She was fighting a rash last week and wasn't feeling challenged in her studies, so she got some hydrocortisone and asked to be moved up to a higher level class. Both seem to be working.

She went hiking in the rainforest with "her family" on Sunday. She says the mountains are incredible. She's going to another rainforest later this week. She thinks she will beat her postcards home. Unless, of course, she sees more mountains and decides that she needs to stay.

I say, "Another time, Eileen. Come home. You're already signed up for driver's ed."

I think I miss her.

3 comments:

Kindred Spirits said...

Welcome back from your long hiatus, Kim.

Sounds like your daughter is having a blast. Her and your family are in my prayers.

revhipchick said...

what a sweet post.

you are such a great mom. i think i'd be scared about letting her go. but she is a pretty spectacular kid--of course, just take a look in the mirror!

she will have some amazing tales to tell i'm sure. i look forward to hearing more!

so glad that you are back! hooray!

revhipchick said...

tag! you're it! i hope you'll play "8 random things". here are the "rules"