Friday, March 14, 2008

Yes, I'm still here.

I know I've been away awhile...Let's just say I've been a little busy.

I got laid off from my engineering job in October, and picked up three additional part-time jobs at the seminary. I still have two churches and a family.

Back when I got laid off, I was approached by an architect and fellow seminary student asking me if I might be interested in using my engineering knowledge in mission work in Haiti. Long story short...I'm going to Haiti for a week in April with the support of my churches. It has also offered a mechanism by which I can continue to keep my PE license current even as I move into full-time ministry.

I will graduate with my MDiv in May. I determined two weeks ago that I had all the necessary course requirements for a specialization in evangelism. So I completed the paperwork, and I will have the specialization on my degree, and I expect to graduate with honors. Oh yeah, and I'm knitting my dress to wear under my robe for graduation.

I went before the conference Board of Ordained Ministry this week to be approved for commissioning as a probationary Elder in the United Methodist Church. They said surprisingly nice things about me and approved me unconditionally. I feel very blessed. Not all were so fortunate.

It's been a busy few months, and probably won't let up until mid-May.

Say hello if you happen to read this.

3 comments:

Jeff S. said...

"Hello" as requested. Congrats on the Commissioning progress!

revhipchick said...

you know--i'm insanely jealous of your graduation with honors! it should be pointed out that it means that Kim is graduating with at least a 3.75! that's totally crazy and amazing--especially considering all the other work you do!

you are an AMAZING WOMAN!

not to mention knitting your own freaking graduation dress?!?!?!?!?!

congrats on ALL of the wonderful stuff going on!

i want to be like you when i grow up! you so totally ROCK!

Stephanie Anthony/She Rev said...

Doing a "random" read in the RevGal Ring. Hi!