Friday, June 20, 2008

Rev Gal Friday Five

A Word Association Friday Five
It is a beautiful, sunny day at my place. So come on outside and let's play a summer Friday Five!This post is loosely based on previous "wordy" Friday Fives from Reverend Mother and Songbird. I liked the results, and so we are doing another word association . Theirs were based on words from a lectionary text. Mine comes from the Lovin' Spoonful song, "Summer in the City."Think summer......are you there?

Below you will find five words or phrases. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem, a memory, a recipe, or a story. You get the idea:

1. rooftop: I think of the Drifter's song "Up on the Roof." I think Bruce Willis may also have sung it during his very brief recording career.

2. gritty: Nitty Gritty Dirt band..., The floor of a beach house.

3. hot town (yeah, I know, it's two words): A former coworker told me of growing up in New York, and when it was the middle of summer and they didn't have air conditioning, they would go to the movie theater and see movies to escape the heat. We escaped to the library a few times a couple of summers ago during rolling blackouts.

4. night: Hanging out on the front porch, watching the world go by.

5. dance: Hubby and I actually won a dance contest many moons ago when we were dating the first time. We have also taken ballroom and ceili dance classes together. He even took dance classes in college because he figured it would be a great way to meet girls, yet it is still difficult to get him to dance. Maybe it's me? But I did receive the Dick Durant Dirty Dancing award at the Sports Car Club banquet several years ago.

6 comments:

Di said...

How fun! Hubby and I have taken a few dance classes, but the poor guy tends to freeze up.

Rachel said...

Great play and congrats to you on graduation! Yea!

Muthah+ said...

Porches and summer go together.

Auntie Knickers said...

Congratulations, M Div! Great play too.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Ken and I took a dance class too, and we had lots of fun, but can I get him out on the floor? Nooooo...and I love to dance. Great play--YAY for the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band--and a belated congrats on your graduation!

revhipchick said...

wow! you really do do everything! i never would have guessed aboutthe dirty dancing (except for the hottie dress you made and wore to graduation!)

i miss seeing you around! your post totally made me smile--just thinking about you always makes me smile.

love ya!